Cartws is a beautifully converted barn and carthouse linked by a glass passage which makes the most of the far-reaching views of the Preseli Hills. The luxurious 5-star comfort makes this an ideal year-round escape for 2 to 4 (plus an infant).
The downstairs living-space is open-plan and wonderfully spacious: lovely furnishings, a top-notch wood burner and a kitchen space to dream of. The living area has big glazed doors which open out onto the terrace and garden in fine weather and which close snugly in winter so that the view can still be enjoyed while sitting in front of the wood burner.
Upstairs is a lovely bedroom in the eaves painted soft cream and warm yellow. The bed is super-king but can be separate into twins, if required. There is a superb ensuite bathroom with a stand-alone bath and separate shower.
The ground floor bedroom is a spacious, calm space with a comfortable king-size bed, dressing-table and wardrobe. The bedroom leads onto the ensuite wet room with shower enclosure, hand wash basin and toilet. Enjoy the comfort of the underfloor heated slate floor throughout the ground floor.
Outside, there is a slate-flagged furnished terrace in front of the big glazed doors and there is a lawn and flower beds all edged by wooden fencing and a very picturesque dry-stone turf-topped Pembrokeshire field wall. To sit on the terrace and look at the view across the meadows to the Preselis is very relaxing indeed. There is plenty of designated parking.
- Sleeps 4 plus 2 infants
- TV with DVD-player and some DVDs
- iPod dock/radio
- Mobile reception varies depending on your network, but is normally better outside than inside the cottage
- Very well-equipped kitchen
- Electric stove
- Store cupboard essentials included (tea, coffee, sugar, s&p, olive oil)
- Electricity, hot water and heating included
- Hairdryer & Iron provided
- Bedding, bedlinen, towels, soap and cleaning materials included
- Downstairs bedroom has king-size bed and ensuite shower room with shower, loo and hand basin
- Upstairs bedroom has super-king zip-and-link bed (can be made into singles) with ensuite bathroom (with bath, separate shower, loo and hand basin)
- Glazed entrance porch for enjoying winter sunshine in the warmth
- Coat hooks and boot storage
- Books, games, local information
- Garden furniture
- Bike storage
- Private parking for 3 cars
- Lots of wonderful walks from the door
- 10 minutes' drive from beautiful seaside town of Newport
- 30 minutes' drive from Narberth, with great shopping and brilliant deli
- The cottage is situated on our farm steading, but is detached, well separated off, and has a very nice feeling of privacy
- Friday & Monday changeovers